Jalo ("noble" in English) Helsinki Oiva is the world's first design extinguisher made specifically for cooking oil fires. Besides fires involving cooking oil, Jalo Helsinki Oiva can extinguish all kinds of fires in a home, including electronic appliances up to 1000 volts. Jalo Helsinki Oiva is designed by a Finnish glass artist legend Oiva Toikka.
Thanks to its design and concept, Oiva effectively keeps a fire extinguisher close and visible in case it's ever needed. This significantly shortens the reaction time between noticing the fire and the start of extinguishing. The spray nozzle is intuitive and easy to use. Extinguishing agent is non-toxic and can be washed off with regular household cleaners. Also the Oiva itself can be disposed of with normal household waste. It is maintenance-free, meaning no annual check-up by professional is required.
The new extinguishing technology makes the product safe and easy to store without the risk of explosion.
Warranty: 2 years
- it takes about 35 seconds from full to empty
- size: height 281 mm, width 77 mm, depth 117 mm
- contains 300 ml, weighs 700 g
- operates between -20 °C and +70 °C
- the internal pressure is reduced to 2 bars (same as hair sprays)
- works in any position - even upside down
- an extinguishing agent is a chemical compound made of organic salts, biodegradable, non-toxic, propellant free (just an elastomer force element) and environmentally friendly
- the product has been granted a 5-year maintenance-free life from the technology manufacturer
- the product contains 1,2,3 Bentzotriazol, yet so little (< 0,25%) that the EU legislation does not require any markings on the product
- Oiva complies with 25F/ 2A fire ratings. This means that Oiva's fire-extinguishing power is enough to extinguish 25 litres of burning cooking oil and 4 kilograms of burning wood. Not for extinguishing burning fluids (fire rating B).
it's safe to store and transport (even in an airplane) since Oiva isn't pressurised like traditional extinguishers. Transport, shaking, changes in air pressure, or high temperatures won't cause an explosion.